BioEM Talks Series
These series will be held virtually on four consecutive Fridays in the month of July and August. Each series will include presentations of three invited speakers, contributed flash presentations and vendor exhibit in the BioEM Town Hall in Gather Town virtual space.
BioEM Talks Program
Download Tentative “Bio EM Talks Program“
- Bruno Humbel, Okinawa Institute of Science & Technology
- Kristina Micheva, Stanford University
- Douglas Keene, Shriners Hospital
- Takaku Yasuharu, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine
- Kirk Czymmek: Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis
- Robert Pope: National Biodefense Analysis & Countermeasures Center
- Alice Fengxia Liang: New York University Langone Microscopy Laboratory
- Frank Macaluso: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Visit BioEM Town
BioEM Town is an interactive virtual space set up in Gather Town. BioEM Town is consisted of a Town Square and a Town Hall. Upon entering BioEM Town, participants will choose an avatar to represent him/herself and define an interacting distance. Live interactions can be initiated when avatars are in the interacting zone defined by the interacting distance or in a designated private space. Participants will be able to stroll through the Town Hall and Town Square, visit vendor exhibit booths and flash talk presentations and chat with other participants. Participants will be able to try out the video and audio setting in BioEM Town before the start of the event. More guideline will be available soon.
2021 BioEM Talks Program Committee
Ru-ching Hsia (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Maryland Baltimore, Program Chair
Claudia López (email@example.com), Oregon Health and Science Univ., Co-Chair
Marcela Redigolo (firstname.lastname@example.org), West Virginia Univ.
Han Chen (email@example.com), Penn State College of Medicine
Joe Mowery (firstname.lastname@example.org), USDA Agricultural Research Service
Tom Strader (email@example.com), Midwest Lab Robotics Interest Group (MWLRIG)
Feel free to contact us for any questions. Check back often for updated information.